LinkedIn DMs Script
This is a fill in the blank LinkedIn Messenger DMs Script that job seekers can use to reach out to prospective buyers of labor and Decision-Makers (Recruiters and Hiring Managers) on LinkedIn after they apply to their open roles on company websites.
Every single time I apply to a new role, I try to find a contact on the Hiring Team on LinkedIn and cold message them with this script to let them know that I applied through their career portal. I get great feedback with this script in particular because it gets RIGHT to the point and cuts out the fluff.
- Greets the Recruiter
- Tells them that you've already applied to their open role
- Includes the URL link to the open role on their company's career portal
- Articulates that you have the years of experience that the job post calls for
- Spells out that you have the listed skills that they are seeking
- Ends with the contact information to get back in touch with you ASAP